Free Income Tax Preparation
The Dale Association is offering FREE Income Tax Preparation completed and filed by certified AARP Tax volunteers. You can pick up your intake packet anytime Monday through Friday between 8am-4pm. It is in a stand in the front entry.
You can drop off your tax information packet to a preparer at the Dale starting February 2 on Tuesday’s, Wednesday’s and Thursday’s between 9am-3pm. Make sure you have a current phone number where they can call you with any questions and let you know when to return to pick up your completed tax return.
We will not be having in person appointments this year. Everything will be through drop off.
Information to bring to your tax appointment includes:
1. Photo ID and Social Security numbers for all individuals on return
2. Completed Intake Booklet (available in Dale Lobby or download PDF below)
3. Copy of last years tax return (2020)
4. Social Security Statements
5. All W-2 Statements
6. All 1099 Statements (1099R, 1099 INT, 1099 DIV, etc.)
7. Brokerage Statements
8.Unemployments Benefit Statements (You must get them online or contact unemployment office. We can NOT get them for you)
9. Any advanced Child Tax Credit received (IRS mailed out form to anyone who received advanced Child Tax Payments)
10. Amount received in 3rd round of stimulus payment. The last round was $1,400 per person. Check direct deposit statement prior to dropping off paperwork, if unsure.
11. Any gambling winnings
12. Long Term Care Insurance Premiums Paid
13. Cash gifts to charities (limited amount allowed, even if using standard deduction)
14. Amount of IRA contributions
15. Copies of 2021 Property Taxes (Town or City, County and School)
If in doubt, bring it with you and we will let you know if it is needed.
Thank you to our dedicated volunteers who make tax time E-Z