Our Senior Advisor is here to provide you with personalized support services to help you as you age, such as senior advocacy and home visits.
To speak confidentially with our Senior Advisor, please call
Open to all residents of Niagara County age 60 and older, the Senior Advisor assists people to live with dignity, respect and self-determination. We proudly provide the following services for free:
- Linkage to appropriate community services
- Informal counseling and support (at our Centre, or in your home)
- Information and referral
- Liaison with family and friends
- Assistance with applications for public entitlements, including HEAP, SNAP and more
- Empowerment to assume greater decision making
- Home and hospital visits as needed
- Elder Abuse prevention
- Coaching before and during care transitions
- Help finding affordable and accessible housing
- Assistance sorting out insurance and Medicare options
The Senior Advisor program is made possible with funding from Niagara County Office for the Aging.