Tax Preparation by AARP
By Maureen Wendt, President/CEO
The Dale Association, Inc
January 18, 2023
It’s tax time! AARP Tax-Aide preparers provide tax preparation services, with a focus on taxpayers who are over 50 and have low to moderate income. Tax-Aide volunteers are trained and IRS-certified every year to make sure they know about and understand the latest changes and additions to the tax code. Nationally, Tax-Aide sites are currently open for the tax season, including The Dale Association, 33 Ontario Street, Lockport.
The Dale Association is offering FREE Income Tax Preparation completed and filed by certified AARP Tax volunteers. You can pick up your intake packet anytime Monday through Friday between 8am-4pm. It is in a stand in the front, inside entry at 33 Ontario Street. The intake packet is one of the primary ways for you to provide information to the volunteer who will prepare your tax return. The intake packet information is also on The Dale Association’s website at www.daleassociation.com.
Information to bring to your tax appointment includes:
Photo ID and Social Security numbers for all individuals on return
2. Completed Intake Booklet (available in Dale Lobby or on website at www.daleassociation.com)
3. Copy of last year’s tax return (2021)
4. Social Security Statements
5. All W-2 Statements
6. All 1099 Statements (1099R, 1099 INT, 1099 DIV, etc.)
7. Brokerage Statements
8.Unemployments Benefit Statements (You must get them online or contact unemployment office. We can NOT get them for you)
9. Any advanced Child Tax Credit received (IRS mailed out form to anyone who received advanced Child Tax Payments)
11. Any gambling winnings and losses
12. Long Term Care Insurance Premiums Paid
13. Charitable donations if itemizing
14. Amount of IRA contributions
15. Copies of 2022 Property Taxes (Town or City, County and School)
- If you would like direct deposit, bring a voided check or bring your bank name, routing number, and account number.
- If in doubt, bring it with you and preparer will let you know if it is needed.
In-person appointments at The Dale Association start on February 7th on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between 9:00am – 3:00pm. Appointments are required; please call (716 )433-1886 to make an appointment to have taxes prepared at The Dale Association.
AARP is the nation’s largest non-profit dedicated to empowering Americans 50 and older to choose how they live life as they age. AARP provides information, education, research, advocacy, and community services through a nationwide network of local chapters and experienced volunteers. It focuses its work on consumer issues, economic security, work, health, and independent living areas.
The Dale Association is a local not for profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive services and coordinate connections for adults in Niagara and neighboring counties which enhance their health and wellness and empower them to build bridges into their communities. This important mission is the focal point of each program – including our Senior Services, Mental Health Services, and Caregiver Support Services. For more information about The Dale Association, its programs, volunteering, or the Tax Preparation Program, please visit www.daleassociation.com, call (716)433-1886, or stop in at 33 Ontario Street, Lockport, NY.